Sunday, January 1, 2012

Facebook - Oy Vey!

I have had my home computer now for about a year, and I have resisted getting on Facebook for that long.  Until this Christmas.  Family members were talking about all the pictures they had posted and about the different games you can play.

So finally I joined Facebook.  That's hard work!  It's a lot to keep up with.  And if anybody on my "friends" list is as compulsive as I am, you spend a lot of time on the computer.  Hours can fly by.  I haven't figured out all the things you can do on Facebook.

I even tried playing Farmerville.  I've been given gifts of pigs and having my crops unwithered.  Don't ask me what I'm doing.  I haven't a clue.

My nephew told me about a website called Addicting Games.  Not a good thing for someone who possesses the compulsive characteristic.  It's only been two days, and already, those games are driving me crazy.  I have to force myself to stop.

I am worried that technology is making us pass life by.  Instead of actually doing things, we're doing technology.  Maybe everyone else out there is much less OCD about it.  I'm finding it as difficult to disengage as it is for me to give up carbs!

It's hard enough for me to try to download my pictures into my computer's photo library or to download an e-book from my community library.  Those tasks can stymie me for hours.  Now I have more reasons to spend hours on the computer - Facebook!  Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment