Sunday, January 1, 2012

Learning Curve

I feel like a kid in school all over again.  I learn new things every day.  My mother-in-law is teaching me how to knit.  I used to know how.  My mom taught me how to knit and crochet when I was a kid.  I remember crocheting a quilt, which was actually one huge granny square, but that was in my early 20's.  A quarter of a century goes by without any practice, and you're bound to forget things.

Don't laugh when you look at this picture.

To the untrained eye, it looks like a hot mess.  OK, maybe even if your eye is trained, it still looks like a hot mess.  The point is, I remembered how to cast on, knit, drop a stitch, and cast off.  That's a big deal.  I just need to practice - a lot.....

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are so busy. I think it looks great! Like they say, practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete