Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Walter, the Escape Artist

Walter escaped!  My husband and I had replaced all the missing boards in our backyard fence the day before we went to the SPCA to pick up Walter.  We thought we did good.  Well, the second day we had our precious pooch, our neighbors across the street told us Walter had escaped.  It's only been a week that we've had Walter, and today he escaped by digging another hole under the fence.  We filled and blocked the first hole, and now there's another one.  Oy vey!  We're going to have to put chicken wire all around the bottom of the fence.  No more unsupervised backyard time for Walter until we do that.

The good news is that he's had two whole days without accidents in the house.  I think he's getting the hang of it, or I'm just bringing him outside more so that he doesn't relieve himself on the kitchen floor.  I've already thrown away two rugs, one by the kitchen sink and one by the back door.  Oh well, I guess I was tired of them anyway, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment