Friday, October 18, 2013

Two Minutes Left


There were two minutes left in the football game.  I have only watched two whole football games in my life, but I still want my home team to win.  It makes the whole city happy!

Well, I thought they would win this game.  They were ahead by four points, and there were only two minutes left in the game.  I thought for sure there would be victory.

I got on my bicycle and rode really fast through my neighborhood, trying to get back home before the game was over.  As I was riding, I could hear people yelling, and I knew they were yelling at their televisions.  I just knew those were celebratory yells.

People started to come outside, but I didn't ask anyone the score.  When I got home, I looked at the TV, and I was amazed, in the last five seconds, the other team scored a touchdown and won by three points!  What???

Just goes to show you, you never know how things will turn out until the very end....

No comments:

Post a Comment