Friday, February 3, 2012

Is Nothing Sacred To These Cats?

One of my friends sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to cheer me on as I recover from knee surgery.  I put the flowers in the middle of the table, with great hopes that I might be able to enjoy them for a while.

Before Cats


Day One:  the cats (there are four inside cats, so I am not sure who the culprit is, but I have my suspicions) chewed on one of the ferns in the bouquet and threw it up on the table.

Day Two:  more ferns are missing from the bouquet.  Some are shredded, and others are pulled out whole.  The ferns are sporting little cat teeth bite marks.

Day Three:  the cats have started in on the flowers now.  They have pulled out several rose stems, and petals are spilling onto the table.  Most of the ferns have been destroyed.

Day Four:  flowers and ferns are on the floor, chewed up into tiny pieces.  I salvage what I can of the bouquet and think that since most of the ferns have been removed from the bouquet, the cats might lose interest.  One of the cats is chasing the dog.  I suspect he is the one destroying the bouquet, piece by piece.

Day Five:  the dog is worn out from playing chase with the cat.  The cat ran from side to side of the sofa, while the dog ran around the whole sofa.  I know, I should have been filming it.  The bouquet has half of the flowers it arrived with, and the ferns are almost non-existent at this point.
After Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment