Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak


I have never seen a bird like this before.
I took pictures through the window, and they came out pretty good - no glare.

There's a birdfeeder outside the window right by the kitchen table.  It's so cool to be sitting at the table and watch all the birds.  I've seen blue jays, cardinals, black-capped chickadees, sparrows, finches, doves, crows, and hummingbirds (there's a hummingbird bush directly under the bird feeder), but this was the first time I'd ever seen a bird like this.  I got out my trusty bird guide and looked through the whole thing.  Lo and behold, I found the exact bird.
The interesting thing is that this bird's habitat is the northeast and the west.  I was really lucky to get such a good picture of him because no one would believe me.

Wonder what I'll see tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment