Saturday, April 14, 2012

Distracted and Exploring

You know how you go into one room, get distracted and start doing something else, then leave that room, and realize, "Oh, I forgot what I was supposed to be doing," and then you go back to the room, and almost get distracted again, but you do the thing that you originally set out to do?  Yeah, well, that happens all the time to me.  Anyone else like that?

Today, I went to my office to get a glue stick to glue a magnet onto the back of a pad of paper to use on the refrigerator for a shopping list, and of course, I got distracted by the pull of the computer, and an hour went by while I browsed Pinterest.  That's my newest thing.  I really like Pinterest.  I find all kinds of things on there.

I found a recipe for making your own laundry detergent.  It was on a blog called "Being creative to keep my sanity: Homemade Laundry Soap! Then I found a site that gives you suggestions for what book you might like to read next.  The site is http://www.whatbookshouldireadnext.com/index/php

I've been looking for ideas on how to de-clutter my office and get more organized.  That's a project I aspire to complete this year.  We shall see how that goes...

Anyway, I remembered what I went into the office for in the first place, and I got the glue gun to glue the magnet to the back of the pad of paper.  I was distracted by all of that because I set out to write a grocery list for the coming week, as I was going through my recipes.  It is so easy to get off task, but the wonderful thing about being retired is that there's no pressure to get things done immediately.  How wonderful life is!

No comments:

Post a Comment