Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Piano Dog

One of the many things I want to do now that I'm retired is to learn (again) to play the piano.  I took lessons for five years when I was much younger, and I've played off and on through the years, but you know what they say:  if you don't use it, you lose it.  Same with speaking a language.  I'm having to re-learn the notes on the piano and on the guitar.  It's harder to learn when you're older, I think, but it can be done.  Also, it provides brain exercise, which supposedly delays the development of Alzheimer's.

Well, today was the day that I sat down at the piano.  Walter follows me everywhere I go, so naturally, he sat down next to me at the piano.  He put his paws on me while I was trying to play.  Not sure if that was a commentary on my playing, just like when he was whining when I started playing guitar again.
To help him feel included, I got him to sit in the chair next to the piano, since he wouldn't fit on the piano bench.  Now Walter is the Piano Dog....

No comments:

Post a Comment