Thursday, May 3, 2012

Brave

James Bond, Jr., is the name I gave one of the "feral" backyard cats - he's a black and white tuxedo cat.  Previously, there was the original James Bond tuxedo cat, but when we caught him in the Have-a-Heart trap to have him neutered and vaccinated, we found out he had FIV and had to be put down.

When I call him, I always use his full name:  "James Bond, Jr.!"  I can only imagine what my neighbors think.  He is friendly, and he lets you pet him, but he freaks out when you pick him up.  Whenever I call him, he shows up, and I think he likes me.
I saw the funniest thing - but there are lots of "funniest thing" moments when you have animals.  James Bond, Jr. was sitting on the chaise lounge on the patio, and Walter was in the backyard about ten feet away.  James Bond, Jr. jumped off the chaise lounge and charged Walter.  Walter ran for his life!  James Bond, Jr. chased Walter around the boat, and as Walter was going around the boat, James Bond, Jr. bolted up the oak tree. It was a beautiful strategy.  It made me laugh out loud.

If you look closely at the picture, you can see Walter at the base of the tree to the left.  James Bond, Jr. is to the right of the "v" of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment