Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fluffy Bird

I wish I had a picture of what I saw as I was driving to physical therapy.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something in a garden on the main street in our subdivision.    I was intrigued, so I made a u-turn and stopped right in front of it.  It looked like a fluffy cat, but then I thought maybe it was an owl.  Then I made out the head and body, and I thought it was an eagle, but it didn't have a brown body and white head, so I thought it might be a hawk.  It was white and had brown speckles all over.  What a beautiful creature!

I was worried that maybe it was hurt, and that's why it was just sitting in the garden.  I reached for the camera I keep in my glove compartment, but when I turned around, the bird was gone.

I was happy and sad:  sad because it flew away before I could get a picture, but happy because it wasn't hurt and could fly.  If the bird was hurt, I wasn't sure what to do, and I thought of what number I could call so someone could come and get the bird and rehabilitate it.  But the hawk, or whatever it was, flew away, so I could relax.

That was a gift today.  Thank You, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment