Thursday, November 22, 2012

Why Flowers Have Teeth Marks

I cannot have flowers in the house without the cats coming to investigate them and one by one, the leaves are ripped off their stems. The cats either eat them or bring them to another part of the house and play with them.  We may not find those leaves for months.  Then they start in on the flowers.  They pull the whole flower out and bite on the stem.  I have no idea why they like rose stems with thorns.  The last thing they do is tear the flower apart.  Petals everywhere.

I got two dozen long-stemmed roses in in pink, red, white, and yellow, and the bouquet is beautiful.  They're from my friend, Toni, who knows that I celebrate for 59 days this birthday.

The card read:
"Happy Belated Birthday!  I just thought I would extend the birthday celebration.  And you my beautiful, brilliant, and loving friend, deserve to be celebrated!  I'm so grateful to have you in my life!"

Doesn't every one need a friend like that?  I love the flowers, and so do the cats.  I hope they survive for at least a week in our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment